⇓ More from ICTworks

Apply Now: 1,500,000€ in African Digital Literacy Project Grant Funding

By Wayan Vota on January 27, 2020

digital literacy grant funding

Digitalisation will affect how people live and interact, but also learn and work. It will accelerate the changes in our society at a higher speed than ever before, impacting, all sectors and geographical regions. Investing in  digital skills will be of the utmost importance.

However, there is a growing need to promote and invest in digital literacy to overcomne the multiple dimensions of the digital divide in many African counties.

1,500,000€ in African Digital Literacy Grants

The Wehubit programme aims to identify and support innovative digital solutions that will contribute to closing the digital divide by improving digital literacy and skills, through education, training and the world of work.

Sign up now to get more funding opportunities emailed to you!

The 1,500,000€ call for proposals is to support the upscaling or replication of initiatives that close the digital divide for vulnerable groups (youth, women, unemployed, refugees and migrants) by improving digital literacy and skills through D4D initiatives in education, training and the world of work.

Proposals will be judged on the percentage of vulnerable groups that they can help achieve at least a minimum level of proficiency in digital literacy skills, as proposed in the Digital Literacy Global Framework through D4D initiatives in education, training and employment

Wehubit has 1.500.000 Euro to distribute in grants that range from 50,000 to 350.000 Euro. Wehubit will finance 90% of eligible expenditures and the applicant will need to find co-funding for the remaining 10%.

Digital Literacy Grant Application Requirements

Non-profit and public organization are encouraged to apply for project funding to diffuse and scale-up or replicate digital literacy innovations that clearly demonstrate they:

The project implemented in one of the countries of the Belgian bilateral development cooperation: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Guinea, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda.

Apply Now! Deadline is February 21, 2020

More Grant Funding Opportunities

Do you want to get advice on how to apply for USAID grants or get startup investments for technology entrepreneurs?

Then please sign up now to get our email updates. We are constantly publishing new funding opportunities like these:

Filed Under: Funding
More About: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Written by
Wayan Vota co-founded ICTworks. He also co-founded Technology Salon, MERL Tech, ICTforAg, ICT4Djobs, ICT4Drinks, JadedAid, Kurante, OLPC News and a few other things. Opinions expressed here are his own and do not reflect the position of his employer, any of its entities, or any ICTWorks sponsor.
Stay Current with ICTworksGet Regular Updates via Email

5 Comments to “Apply Now: 1,500,000€ in African Digital Literacy Project Grant Funding”

  1. Bernard Okuyo says:

    Will like to develop a digital project management tool for field project management for instant updating, discussion, and solutions and archiving as a mobile app.

    Can I qualify for funding. I have a construction company

  2. DAVID KUGONZA says:

    we are involved in Open Data projects in Uganda. Is Uganda eligible in this call for funding?


    • Wayan Vota says:

      David, I believe this is a global call for proposals, so a Ugandan entity is eligible. Please read their application documentation to be sure.

  3. Mazau Cjiyesu says:

    i want to build a two in one classroom block classroom where i can be empowering rural residents in Ibenga with digital literacy skills education. Ibenga is on the out skirkets of the copperbelt province of Zambia. Am kindly requesting on how i can get funding for this project. Looking forward to seeing your answer

  4. Obuko Emmanuel says:

    I would like to understand ICT basics and also understand how best to utilize for my day to day operations. I work for an organization that works with farmers and I want to build on my knowledge scope on analytics as a tool to better my capabilities in making data-based decisions. These capabilities will help me and my organization better deliver and foster greater impact in line with our vision which is fostering farmer organizations to be self-sufficient through technical assistance services in governance and leadership, financial management and marketing.