Fail Faire DC 2012 is a celebration of failure as a mark of innovation and risk-taking. Like our event in 2011, we will have great speakers with fun, fast, Ignite-style presentations of their professional failures.
Audience participation is not only encouraged, it is mandatory! We are all peers and none of us is perfect. Expect much laughter as we navel-gaze at where we have all gone wrong in ICT and international development.
Yet we will LEARN from failure. Failure is no reason to be ashamed. Failure shows leadership, innovation, and risk-taking in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in scaling ideas from pilots to global programs. There is great value in examining our mistakes as we go beyond the easy and the simple. So while we encourage irreverence and humor, we will be improving our profession too.
Wanna join us? RSVP today!
We will have light refreshments to lubricate the conversation and there will be an after-party to continue the celebration. Just check out previous Fail Faire events: posts – pictures – last year’s event
Fail Faire DC 2012 will be hosted by the World Bank on November 16th in downtown Washington, DC. Those that RSVP will be sent the specific location just before the event.
- 6:00pm: Welcome and drinks
- 6:30pm: #FAIL-Slam
- 7:30pm: Open Discussion
- 8:00pm: Mingling, learning, networking, more drinks
Featured Speakers (so far)
- Dr. Tessie San Martin, CEO, Plan International USA
- Patty Mechael, Executive Director, mHealth Alliance
- Sean McDonald, CEO, FrontlineSMS
- Christine Prefontaine, Founder, Facilitating Change
- James Bontempo, Director of ICT & Innovation, JHU-CCP
- Chris Doten, Senior Program Officer, NDI Tech
- Anahi Ayala Iacucci, Media Innovation Advisor, Internews
- Neelley Hicks, Special Projects Manager, United Methodist Communications
- Dustin Homer, Associate, Development Gateway
- More to come…..
- Want to present? Then apply today!
So what are you waiting for? RSVP now – there will be a waitlist.